Our Services may contain links to other apps, websites or Internet resources which are provided solely for your convenience and information. We have no responsibility or liability for, or control over, those other Internet resources or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those other Internet resources to learn how they collect and use your personal information.
- Information We Collect
- Personal Information: We may collect personal information that you provide to us, such as your name, email address, contact information, and any other information you voluntarily submit to us including social insurance number, username, account number and password.
- Usage Information: When you use our Services, we may automatically collect certain information about your device, browser, IP address, and usage patterns. This information may include log files, analytics data, and cookies or similar tracking technologies.
In most cases, we do not collect sensitive personal information. In the instances in which we do, we do not use or disclose personal information for any reason for the following purposes:
- To provide and improve our Services;
- To communicate with you about our Services, updates, offers, and promotions;
- To respond to your inquiries, feedback, or requests for information;
- To analyze usage trends and preferences to enhance and personalize the user experience;
- To protect against fraud, unauthorized access, or illegal activities; and
- Otherwise with your consent or as required to comply with legal obligations or regulatory requirements.
We do not sell or share your personal information to third parties unless we have obtained your explicit consent or as required by law.
- Disclosure of your Personal Information
- Service Providers: We may share your personal information with trusted third-party service providers who assist us in operating our Services, conducting business activities, or providing support. These service providers are obligated to protect your information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose.
- Legal Compliance: We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law, regulation, or legal process, or if we believe that such disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, safety, or property, or the rights, safety, or property of others.
- Business Transfers: In the event of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your personal information may be transferred to the acquiring entity as part of the transaction. We will notify you via email or prominent notice on our website of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
Tacit has implemented appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures designed to safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, as well as all other forms of unlawful processing.
- Your Privacy Rights
- Marketing Communications: You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the email or by contacting us. However, please note that we may still send you non-promotional communications related to your use of the Services.
- Cookies and Tracking Technologies: Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can modify your browser settings to block or delete cookies if you prefer. However, disabling cookies may impact your ability to access or use certain features of our Services.
As a company focused on serving the needs of businesses, our Services are not intended for minors and Tacit does not promote or market its services to minors. We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors. If you believe we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected personal information of a minor through our Services without appropriate consent, please notify us through our inquiry form so that we may delete the information and make any other necessary corrections. If we become aware that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a minor, we will take reasonable steps to delete such information from our records.
We are committed to compliance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (“CASL”). Any electronic communication we send to outside parties is protected by a range of business procedures, processes and policies to ensure that such communication is done in compliance with CASL. In our electronic communications with outside parties, we comply with the rules established by CASL and enforced by various Canadian authorities including the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission. CASL regulates, and our policies generally apply to, each commercial electronic message (a “CEM”) that we send. In addition to adopting and updating this Policy, we undertake various transparency initiatives to ensure we comply with CASL, which include:
- Consent— not sending you CEMs without your consent. This consent typically must be “express” (expressly acknowledged by you), but in certain circumstances can be “implied” or specifically exempt from consent requirements.
- Content— adopting processes to ensure that our CEMs contain the following requirements prescribed under CASL including:
- Identifying ourselves as the party sending the CEM, and whether we are sending the message on our own behalf or on behalf of someone else;
- Providing you with our contact information; and
- Setting out a clear, working unsubscribe mechanism that is easy to use, automatic, and at no cost to you (other than your own cost of connecting to the Internet).
- Clarity— ensuring that each aspect of a CEM, including its header, content, or any links or URLs in the CEM) conveys the appropriate information, whether viewed individually or taken as a whole, so that you always know what you are clicking on.
If you receive a CEM from us but believe that you should not have or no longer wish to receive CEMs, we will aim to respect your preferences in a timely manner once you update them through our unsubscribe mechanism. CASL requires us to process unsubscribe requests within 10 business days.
- California Privacy Rights
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), as amended, California residents may have certain other rights regarding your personal information under applicable law:
- Right to Know: You may request information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, and the sale or disclosure for business purposes of your personal information to third parties, and the categories of third parties with whom this information was shared;
- Right to Delete: You may have a right to request that we delete personal information under certain circumstances;
- Right to Opt Out: You have the right to opt out of the sale or sharing of your personal information to third parties. At this time, Tacit does not sell or share your personal information with third parties; and
- Right Not to Be Discriminated Against: You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights mentioned above.
- Update or Changes to this Policy
- Contact Us